Monday 4 April, 2011

In skirts

Isn't it weird how something looks utterly yawnish one day and the next day you're ready to fork mega moolah to get one of those? The longish A-line pleated skirt is one of those things. I'm seeing so many of these on street style blogs, it's not funny. Of course, the reason it feels so fresh right now is the way it's styled. Clunky booties, denim jacket for cooler weather or with a tank and ballets for summer. This summer I have ditched my usually skinnies (I'll be back for you soon, my darlings) for baggy jodhpurs from Zara. Like I tell everyone - for an Indian summer, showing skin is not a sensible option. Instead opt for long, loose garments in breathable fabrics and you're covered (couldn't resist that one). You don't need to wax and it keeps ogling eyes away.

I especially wanted one of those aforementioned skirts in gold so I went to eBay of course. Thousands of results - and some were pretty close to what I wanted - but I finally settled for a Dana Buchman skirt in black gold. The supposed retail price was $350 but I scored this one for $55 plus a fairly reasonable $15 shipping. Can't wait till it gets delivered! See it on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=380084000596

Now I'll just have to wait and see if the current trend for flared trousers will finally make a convert out of a skinny jeans girl like me.



My inspiration 


There's also a gorgeous GAP skirt on sale on eBay in an unbelievable gold/camel colour. Not sure about the sizing though - shall I?? It's too late - I've already bid! Check it out on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=160566530391

1 comment: